Monday, May 24, 2010

Want to stop automatic Yahoo email login from Yahoo Messenger?

I didn't realize that someone can have complete access to my Yahoo email if I left Yahoo Messenger up and running on my computer. On the Yahoo Messenger windows, apparently, all they have to do is click on the little email icon under my Yahoo Messenger status area and it will open up Yahoo mail WITHOUT a password.


Is there a way to prevent this from happening?


Yes, I should go to my password protected screen saver when I leave the computer and yes, I now know that to be even safer, I should probably shut down Yahoo Messenger when I'm not at my computer.


I guess I'm shocked because it never occurred to me that leaving Yahoo Messenger up and running if I left my computer for a minute would provide someone full access to my Yahoo email.


Thanks for anyone who can offer any suggestions to me.

Want to stop automatic Yahoo email login from Yahoo Messenger?
Yahoo Messenger %26gt; Messenger column %26gt; Preferances %26gt; When I`m using Yahoo Messenger: %26gt; Automaticlly sign me in when I click on a link in Messenger. (%26lt; UNCHECK THIS ) %26gt; Apply %26gt; Ok.


No comments:

Post a Comment

 


messenger email © 2008. Design by: Pocket Web Hosting